Saturday, November 26, 2011

Burn Calories While Shopping

For  those crazies that dared to venture out on black Friday, not only did you find some great deals, but you also burned off calories while doing so! Believe it or not,the more you spend while shopping,the more calories you will burn. Typically,when doing your shooping you can burn around 150 to over 500 per hour (depending on your wieght); however, the more shopping bags you have in your hand means more weight you are carrying around, which means even more calories are burned off. An average shopping day of about 3 hours, could equal out to about 3 miles. This means around 400- 1,100 calories were burned off (again depending on your weight). While shopping this holiday season, you will burn about twice as many calories as you would if you were laying on the couch. If you can't find the time to exercise around the holidays, don't worry about it; just take care of your holiday shopping, and that will do the trick. Be sure to go check ou the chart  on the website below to find out how many calories you can burn while shopping. Happy Holidays!

References: http://www.nutritionatc.hawaii.edu/HO/2006/356.htm

3 comments:

  1. Black friday was crazy! People are very hostile when trying to save a buck! Got pushed into all night! This blog definately encourages me to want to shop more if I'm going to be burning calories too! I really didnt need the encouragement to shop more but at least I can feel better about it when I tell myself I burned some calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holiday shopping can be a crazy time of year. It makes me feel better though that I'm actually burning calories. I usually don't do my holiday shopping till closer to christmas, because of the holiday crowds on black friday. I knew it was true that you burn more calories when you're holding more weight, but I didn't know it was that many calories!! This definitely encourages me to get out of the house and do my holiday shopping, great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off people who go out and spend hours upon hours of shopping on black friday are nuts! I am all for loosing calories and i find it fasinating that you can lose so many by shopping i wil stick to other normal ways such as running. I hate shopping with a passion especailly on BLACK FRIDAY! All the girls in my family feel the need to go out at ridiculous hours so i stay at home with the guys and watch football. If you did go out and you got great deals good for you and congrats according to Hannah you lost some calories too, but i still think your crazy!

    ReplyDelete